911 : Charles the Simple abandons to Rollon the territory which will become the Duchy of Normandy. The Landin is then part of the ducal domain.
1015 : Hauville, the forest of Bretonne and the Landin are given to Gilbert Crespin.
1050 : Crespin gives his lands to the abbey of Jumièges.
1119 : The abbot of Jumièges gives the fief of Hauville to Hubert de Lisieux for a period of thirty years. On one of the coasts of the Landin, a manor is built where the abbots of Jumièges like to retire.
At the end of the XIIth century, Jean de Mortain, better known as Jean Sans Terre, Duke of Normandy, became King of England. He came to live several times in the manor built on a feudal mound, for which he spent considerable sums to fortify it. The feudal mound of the Château du Landin is one of the best preserved in the region.
1205 : The manor becomes the property of the King of France Philippe Auguste after the conquest of Normandy.
At the end of the XVth century, the ports of La Foulerie and Le Gouffré allowed the loading of the products of the Roumois plateau towards Rouen. The road to La Foulerie dates from this period. The period under English occupation was dark, the peasants leaving the Landin lands to hide from the enemies.
1450 : While Agnès Sorel was dying at Mesnil sous Jumièges, Charles VII, who had come to hunt at Landin, got lost in the mist and then found himself thanks to the sound of the presbytery bell.
1459 : Dunois drives the English out of Roumois.
1541 : The Landin fief is held by Jean Garin, a squire who was admitted to Parliament in 1542 and benefactor of the Rouen hospital.
1685 : Garin's granddaughter married François Harden de la Mare-Boc who squandered his fortune and had to give up his lands to Pierre Cousin, Receiver General. The latter will exchange his lands with the abbey of Jumièges, against the seigneury of Conteville, near Pont-Audemer. Then the abbey sold the Landin to the Duchess of Chaulnes d'Ailly.
In the 18th century, the Duchess sold the Landin to Nicolas Thirel de Boschanel, Abbot of Boismont, ordinary preacher to the king and member of the French Academy. He was the author of "Pénégyrique de Saint-Louis", "d'Oraisons funèbres" and "Discourses" preached in the Church of Charity, which allowed to raise sufficient sums to build an ecclesiastical and military hospital, the idea of which was conceived by La Rochefoucault. The hospital was built in Montrouge.
1757: The Abbé de Boismont obtains the abbey of Grestain, and ediﬁe a superb castle near the site of the old manor.
1779 : Many paths are laid out, alleys of lime trees planted, as well as Cedars of Lebanon and Himalayas, and Beech trees of the Patte d'oie.
1786 : Death of the Abbot of Boismont. The Landin seigneury now belonged to Mr. Louis le Halleur, a cloth merchant in Rouen, and was under the jurisdiction of the barony and high justice of Mauny held by the Estampes, a very old family. The end of the XVIIIth century was a period of serious economic crisis which led to the Revolution.
28 Messidor, Year XI (16 August 1803), Louis le Halleur dies (a bull kills him in the courtyard of the castle farm).
I° Vendémiaire, An XII : The Landin property is acquired by Mr Hyppolite Jean- Jacques René de Sainte Marie d'Aigneaux, who will be appointed sub-prefect of Pont-Audemer under the Restoration. October 21, 1836: The seigniory is sold to Mrs. Adélaïde Louise Charlotte de Bourbon, wife of the Marquis of Chaumont-Quitry.
1852 : Death of the Marquis de Chaumont de Quitry, husband of Louise de Bourbon.
1860 : Joseph de Chaumont-Quitry, son of the Marquis, was appointed Chamberlain to Napoleon III.
1862 : Construction of the two large wings of the castle and the church, consecrated by Monseigneur Duvaucaux, bishop of Evreux.
1866 : Sudden death of Joseph de Chaumont Quitry.
1867 : The marquise sells the castle to Mr. André Claude Alphonse, baron de Guénifey. The Guénifey's will be mayors of Le Landin from father to son until 1908.
1903 : Death of André Jacques de Guénifey, husband of Marie-Roseline d'Ivry, granddaughter by her mother of Marshal Mouton, Count of Lobau (Empire Nobility).
1904 : Charles de Guénifey is elected mayor of Le Landin.
1920 : Death of Charles de Guénifey, animal painter, student of Busson.
1936 : Death of the Baroness of Guénifey. The castle passes to her daughter Elisabeth, wife of Du Moustier. At her death, the castle passed to her daughter Yvonne, wife of Viscount Daru, descendant of the intendant of Napoleon I.
1966 : At the death of Mr Daru, the castle is sold to Mr Ramis, then to Girard-Claudon, then to Mrs Heitschel.
1996 : Mr. and Mrs. Coral renovated the castle, the park and the stables as well as the three houses. Following a fire, the dome and the campanile were rebuilt and now look more beautiful than ever. The hedge was recently replanted, and gives all its charm to the alley of the castle.